Acticoat Flex 3
The dressing is indicated as an antimicrobial barrier layer on shallow and deep wounds, including pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns, skin donor and recipient sites. Acticoat Flex 3 can be used on infected wounds. If a dressing is applied to infected wounds, the infection should be controlled and treated according to local clinical protocol. Acticoat Flex 3 can be used as a wound dressing with the Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System for up to 3 days.
Acticoat Flex 3
The dressing consists of a flexible, non-stick polyester mesh coated on both sides with nanocrystalline silver.
- Fast-acting – In-vitro studies show that Acticoat Flex 3 kills bacteria in less than 30 minutes – faster than other forms of silver.
- Nanocrystalline silver antimicrobial barrier – the dressing provides unique protection for the wound site,
- Effective barrier to bacterial penetration – an effective barrier that protects the wound from invading pathogens.
- Broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity – (In-vitro studies) Acticoat Flex 3 is effective in vitro against more than 150 pathogens, including a broad spectrum of Gram-positive and negative bacteria and fungal wound pathogens. Acticoat Flex 3 is also an effective barrier to Antibiotic resistant Pseudomonas, Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Vancomycin resistant Enterococcus (VRE).
- Gradual release of silver over 3 days – ensures that Acticoat Flex 3 remains effective for at least 3 days.
- Prevents and reduces infection – Acticoat Flex 3 kills pathogenic organisms in the wound, reducing the risk of infection, and effectively reduces bacteria in an already infected wound.
- Promotes faster healing – promotes wound preparation and helps maintain an environment conducive to wound healing.
- Low toxicity – unlike other antimicrobials, the silver in Acticoat Flex 3 dressings does not inhibit wound healing.
- Easy to use – adapts to any body shape, ensuring high comfort and maintaining contact with the wound surface. Can be cut to the shape of the wound.
- Low-stick – changing the dressing is less traumatic than with traditional methods
- Dimensions: 5cm x 5cm, 10cm x 10cm, 10cm x 20cm
- Pack of 1 piece.