Acticoat 7 dressing is indicated as an antimicrobial barrier layer on shallow and deep wounds, including bedsores, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns, skin donor and recipient sites. Acticoat 7 can be used on infected wounds. If a dressing is applied to infected wounds, the infection should be controlled and treated according to local clinical protocol.
The Acticoat 7 (with SILCRYSTTM Nanocrystals) dressing is an antimicrobial barrier. The silver nanocrystal coating kills a wide range of bacteria in 30 minutes. The Acticoat 7 dressing consists of 5 layers: two inner absorbent layers between 3 layers of silver covered with a non-stick polyethylene layer. Nanocrystalline silver protects the wound site from bacterial infection, while the inner layer, by absorbing exudate, maintains an optimal moist environment for wound healing.
- Nanocrystalline silver antimicrobial barrier – the bandage provides unique protection of the wound site.
- An effective barrier to bacterial penetration – an effective barrier that protects the wound from invasive pathogens.
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial activity.
- Gradual release of silver over 7 days – ensures that Acticoat 7 remains effective for at least 7 days.
- Fast action – Studies show that Acticoat 7 kills bacteria in less than 30 minutes – faster than other forms of silver.
- Prevents and reduces infection – Acticoat 7 kills pathogenic organisms in the wound, reducing the risk of infection. Acticoat 7 also effectively reduces bacteria in an already infected wound.
- Promotes faster healing – promotes wound preparation and helps maintain a favorable environment for wound healing.
- Low toxicity – Unlike other antimicrobials, Silver Acticoat 7 does not interfere with wound healing.
- Easy to use – easy to put on and take off. Can be cut to the shape of the wound.
- Non-stick – changing the bandage is less traumatic than with traditional methods.
- Dimensions: 5cm x 5cm, 10cm x 12,5cm
- Pack one piece!